Leadership is not just about leading; it’s more to do with inspiring loyalty and commanding respect through exemplary deeds. A good leader takes the lead. A good leader has personality, courage, clear vision with ambition to succeed. A good leader also has the knack of leveraging empathy as an effective tool to achieve maximum reach out.
Empathetic leaders follow the “2 Ears – 1 Mouth” rule… they spend more time listening than talking. Leaders who are empathetic focus on the person who is speaking too. Empathetic leaders are also nonjudgmental, even when the feelings of others are in direct disagreement with their own feelings. They appreciate what the other person is feeling and understand how those feelings are affecting that person’s perception, without passing judgment whether those feelings are right or wrong. Empathy is a key driver that enables leaders to shape successful organizations.
- Empathy is mandatory for a great leader
- People who are not empathetic often end up being bad leaders
- Empathy distinguishes a good leader from the great ones, in crises situations
So, what are the skills / behavioral traits that go into making any person empathetic towards others and how can this quality be developed?
This workshop is the one stop solution!
- All the qualities needed to develop empathy are inculcated step by step
- Outcome manifested in productivity, efficiency and inter personal relationships
- Listening Skills – Listening skills are vital in fostering interpersonal relationships across organizations
- Identifying & acknowledging one’s own short comings -Recognizing one’s short comings and accepting it opens a whole new world of interpersonal relationships
- Responsibility – Greater sense of ownership & responsibility towards the organization
- Disappearance of Anger – effective & comprehensive anger management for better productivity
- Freedom from Tension and Stress – Freedom from worries of the past and fear of the future negating tension and stress
- Altruist Nature – Curbing of unreasonable expectations which cause depression and other negative emotions
- Non opinionated – Ability to think without being opinionated and prejudiced
- Conscious Choices – Capability to make conscious choices resulting in great output
- Dealing with Reality – Grounded and well rounded decision making for smarter productivity
- Creation- Cutting edge approach that’s proactive rather than being reactive
- Being Present – Enabling one to savor the ‘present’ without being stressed by past or future